USE THIS LINK TO REGISTER FOR THE 2022 DENVER NATIONAL BRAIN TUMOR RIDE: NBTS registration page.
DENVER NATIONAL BRAIN TUMOR RIDE, MAY 15TH
Start @ Z CYCLE SHOP, 1025 E 9th Ave, Denver CO 80218, 9 AM
Announcing the 2nd annual Denver National Brain Tumor Ride for 2022!
The National Brain Tumor Ride is a national ride that started in New England and aims to raise awareness and funds to support the needs of brain tumor patients and their families.
It is a National Brain Tumor Society signature event that used to only be in person. With the pandemic, it went national with virtual and regional offerings. Team RedHotBuffs was happy to host the first Denver ride last year and a had solid turnout that laid a great foundation for a bright future of rides ahead.
This year we are taking things up a notch. We are excited to partner with Z Cycle shop, Denver's best bike shop, where the ride will start.
We are also offering 4 routes (route information below).
We will be ending our ride at Cohesion Brewing to share a glass with friends to celebrate the ride and honor those who have been impacted by brain tumors.
- Route #1: 10 miles, https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38502012
- Route #2: 20 miles, https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38502061
- Route #3: ~35 miles (looking for someone to lead this so folks aren't lost. Would turn off around 26th and Kipling @ Crown Hill Park)
- Route 4: 75 miles, ~4000 ft, https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38502094
- Choose your own adventure: Ride as long or as little as you want or on your own in the Denver area or virtually.
Now, given the nature of the cause, we are trying to do some good and raise some money for those who are affected by this disease.
There is a $100 fundraising minimum to participate in the ride. The registration fee is $50. The registration fee applies to an individual's fundraising minimum. We are also seeking corporate donors and corporate matching that could cover individual's minimum amounts
If you'd like to register and create your own team, go to the NBTS registration page.
If you don't want to create your own team and would like to join RedHotBuffs (the organizing team), go to our team page and click `Join Team`.
2022 National Brain Tumor Ride Fundraising Prizes:
You have until one month following the event to achieve your fundraising milestone. The fundraising deadline to qualify for fundraising prizes is: June 15th (prizes are not cumulative. you will be given the option of what incentive you would like based on your fundraising total as of the deadline provided and prizes will be shipped to you directly)
Individual Fundraising Prizes:
- All participants who raise $250 by April 1st will receive a 2022 National Brain Tumor Ride Cycling Jersey
- Raise $500 – $999 on your personal fundraising page to earn a NBTS Winter Beanie
- Raise $1,000-$2,499 on your personal fundraising page to earn a NBTS long-sleeved tee
- Raise $2,500 – $4,999 on your personal fundraising page to earn a NBTS branded full zip hoodie
- Raise $5,000+ on your personal fundraising page to earn a NBTS branded puffy vest
TEAM FUNDRAISING PRIZES:
- Raise $1,000 as a team to have a Mission Mile sign for who you ride for
RedHotBuffs is a come one, come all group of people who enjoy adventures, sharing a laugh and supporting good causes while happening to ride bikes.
RHBs engages with people and riders in the Greater Denver area to create a unique, inclusive, non-discriminatory cycling club. The club aims to empower riders to roam free with confidence while looking out for others.
RedHotBuffs was started in 2020 by Griffin Bohm and AJ Colaizzi when they decided to ride the Triple Bypass route from Evergreen, CO to Vail, CO. Their friends Derek, Tyler, and Hayden joined along for the ride, and the inaugural group ride was completed.
Not only did they complete the ride but they also raised money for NBTS to help defeat brain cancer.
Both members have personal connections to people who passed from brain tumors, which continues to motivate Griffin and AJ to volunteer with NBTS and its community.
USE THIS LINK TO REGISTER FOR THE 2022 DENVER NATIONAL BRAIN TUMOR RIDE: